Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Manufacturing Manager to ensure shop resources get properly allocated to meet project schedules and provide timely reporting of schedule, cost and quality issues to enable appropriate counter-measures. In support of this endeavour, you will be responsible to maintain and seek CI opportunities in these specific areas.
- Project administration including creation/updating of project tracking spreadsheets.
- Manpower Loading spreadsheet and provide daily feedback
- Create and update reports for Safety, Quality metrics, VMI spend, Vehicle maintenance, etc.
- Create/update MS Project schedules when required
2. Assist QA Manager to ensure NCR’s are captured, investigated and follow-up actions are tracked and appropriately flagged to ensure completion.
3. As Packaging and Shipping champion and under the direction of the Mfg Mgr, you will develop plans during early project phases for final equipment packaging and shipping needs and communicate these plans to ensure on-time delivery of all parts associated with any project.
4. Identify Safety training requirements and schedule activities when needed. Maintain Safety Training Matrix. Ensure compliance with O.S.H.A Standards are identified and met.
5. Assist Parts & Services Group with:
- Scheduling and expediting of parts
- Report writing including summarizing of Service Technician reports
6. Work with the management team to determine training needs, develop staff and deliver training to meet those needs. Conduct internal audits on a regular basis to ensure compliance with our QMS. . Some local travel may be required.
7. Work on specific projects as directed from time-to-time in support of senior management.
Key skills and experience
- Some manufacturing background
- Some knowledge of ISO9001
- Above average .xls abilities
- A post secondary education would be an asset
- O.H.S.A knowledge and training an asset
- M.S. Project creation