Sr. Project Manager– Hamilton/Grimsby ON
This Project Manager is responsible to lead the design, build and installation effort of multiple high-profile projects for our customers while managing the company’s business relationships with these customers. The following describes key skills, experience and responsibilities of this challenging role:
Skills & Experience
- Contract Management experience
- Functional leadership experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing role
- Engineering degree preferred
- Experience in Project management with demonstrated leadership in high impact situations.
- Three (3) years experience with the design & building of large, complex industrial equipment
- Experience managing equipment installations
- Problem solving using six-sigma tools or equivalent
- Above average abilities with MS Project and Excel
- Familiar with ISO9001 Quality Management Systems
- PMP certification or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, team player without ego.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop project objectives and metrics, with the team, at the onset of new projects. Break-down each project into its component pieces, then day-to-day management of deliverables with internal and external stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate and provide leadership to Engineering staff to ensure customer requirements are met
- Provide pro-active leadership, design skills and tools to identify and solve engineering design issues as required to achieve overall project success.
- Work with Engineering staff to design appropriate Acceptance Test Plans and methods of measurement.
- Use of Engineering design skills to determine solutions with Engineering team for required scope change and determine cost and schedule impact.
- Drive the organization to define and meet customer expectations for quality, delivery and product performance – achieve “flawless launch”.
- Serve as the lead in customer communications for key areas including timing, documentation and overall project status. Manage change orders.
- Ensure the financial success of the project. Identify concerns that jeopardize profitability and seek opportunities for improvement.
- Re-assess schedule and cost targets regularly. Initiate corrective actions as needed. Document and monitor objectives to ensure countermeasures are initiated and unfavorable variances are corrected.
- Report weekly on status of each project – schedule, cost, issues, actions.
- Elevate issues as appropriate and get the support of senior management when needed to clear obstacles.
- Ensure individuals clearly understand the impact their roles have on the success of the project and provide them with appropriate feedback, be it positive or negative - Facilitate problem solving sessions.
- Ensure records of key transactions with customers and suppliers are maintained, either in the project database or in the areas of the responsible departments.
- Work on specific projects as directed from time-to-time in support of the Senior Manager.
- Some international travel may be required depending on the projects assigned.
If you want to join a successful, dynamic team and believe you have what it takes, email your cover letter and resume referencing this job to firstname.lastname@example.org