Handling Specialty was approached by a mining company to engineer and manufacture a heavy-duty, durable wheelset change-out system for railcars used in mining operations. The lift was manufactured to last in the extreme conditions that exist in mining facilities in northern Canada.
The wheelset changeout system consists of three pieces of equipment:
- A wheelset buggy complete with hydraulic scissor lifts to install and remove wheelsets
- A rail bridge assembly
- A set of 15-ton jacks that support the rail vehicle while the wheelsets are being serviced
- The equipment system consists of a wheelset buggy, rail bridge assembly and railcar support jacks.
- Includes custom scissor lift; self-propelled.
- Weight capacities: Wheelset buggy 6,000 lbs; rail bridge assembly 67,000 lbs; 15-ton railcar support jacks (set of four).
- Heavy-duty construction built to withstand extreme conditions (extreme temperatures, dirt, dust).