Handling Specialty worked with a client in the nuclear industry to engineer and manufacture an extremely large four-post lift to be used in a test facility to train nuclear technicians in the re-tubing process for refurbishing nuclear reactors. The lift was manufactured to extremely tight tolerances to comply with Z299.2 requirements.
- Platform size 370″ x 295″ approx. with front extension 370″ x 77″ approx.
- Actuation by four ball-screw bevel gear jacks actuated by electronically-synchronized servo-gear-brake motors with redundant brakes.
- Capacity 115,00 lbs.
- Vertical Travel approx 275″.
- Travel speed: High Speed = 7.5 FPM, Low Speed = 0.5 FPM.
- Includes handrails on the platform, personnel walk-off area, and ladder with fall-arrest device for ingress/egress to/from the platform.
- Includes linear rails and rack to accommodate HWT linear bearings. Includes bracing to surrounding building structures.
- Z299.2 Compliant.