Handling Specialty engineered and manufactured a custom two-post rotating mast lift for an international power company’s (GE) power generation facility for turbine equipment inspection.
- Mechanical actuation is used for positive locking, which allows the tooling to be held at any elevation for extended periods of time.
- The lift must be in full “up” position before the rotator can be used.
- No overhead connection between columns to allow loading by overhead crane.
- 5,000 lb capacity with a rise rate of approximately 2.5 ft per minute.
- Equipped with a power rotator to rotate tooling 180 degrees.
- Controlled by a handheld remote control unit.
- Sensors ensure the fixture is properly attached to the lift before any motion can occur.