Handling Specialty engineered and manufactured two (2) sets of three (3) telescopic cable booms for a major electric power company in the United States. The booms will be used to carry and position 1000V electrical cables above and into a large electrical transformer so it can be tested.
A collision avoidance system, as well as an e-stop, ensures optimal workplace safety and protection of the equipment. The collision avoidance system monitors both the boom rotation and the boom extension using a PLC and encoders, which are programmed to stop the booms from moving when they are at a preset distance from each other. Once a boom has been stopped by the collision avoidance system, it can only be moved in the opposite direction.
- Three telescopic cable booms to carry and move heavy electrical cables above and over a very large electrical transformer so it can be tested. Booms are mounted on supports approximately 60’ above ground, extend from the wall 33’ and rotate +/- 40 deg.
- Each unit consists of three (3 beams): stationary, intermediate and external. Electrical cables will hang below the beams on five (5) hangers.
- Booms support a horizontal load of 330 lbs and a vertical load of 440 lbs.
- Includes e-stop and collision avoidance system so booms do not collide.
- Each unit is independently controllable.
- Booms are controlled by a pendant and control panel.