Handling Specialty custom engineered and manufactured a manually moveable gantry to be used to remove and service air conditioners from the roofs of rolling stock in a railway maintenance facility. Once the air conditioner is removed from the railcar, it is moved horizontally and lowered through the platform to the ground. This is a manual version of the gantry. However, Handling Specialty has also manufactured self-propelling gantries for the rail industry.
- For removal and installation of rolling stock air conditioners.
- Equipped with electric chain hoist with push trolley and festoon system.
- Propelled manually along rails on double-flanged wheels.
- Rectangular opening with a three-sided walkway on the personnel platform to allow work to take place on the railcar.
- Equipped with a 2,000 lb capacity electric chain hoist with push trolley and festoon system for railway car maintenance (air conditioners).
- Safety features include a guard rail, steel grated walkways, self-locking gates, safety hook-ups for anti-fall protection, and an access ladder with a safety cage.