Handling Specialty custom designed and manufactured two self-propelled work platforms for a major Canadian railway company’s sandblasting booth. The platform’s many axes of movement allow maintenance personnel to reach all areas of the freight car.
- Self-propelled work platforms run horizontally along crane rail and 120’ track at 80 fpm.
- The platform has special open grate flooring to allow water and sand to fall through.
- Using an onboard control panel, the platform can be raised vertically to 192”, extended out 30” or rotated 90° to reach all railcar surfaces.
- Safety features include a primary lift cable with a safety lock, a backup lifting cable with a cable brake mechanism, and overload protection.
- Manufactured to operate reliably in a wet, dirty, industrial environment.