Reliability is carefully engineered into every Whiting portable electric rail jack. For over 80 years, Whiting’s outstanding design and top-quality construction have provided years of dependable service with minimum maintenance. This tradition has established Whiting as the world’s foremost manufacturer of portable electric rail jacks. Available in 25, 50 and 60-ton capacities.
Handling Specialty manufactures and sells Whiting rail jacks and ships them worldwide. Jacks are also available for lease.
Lighter capacity jacks (5 to 20 tons) are also available for light rail and transit facilities.
- 25 to 60 tons.
• The load screw in each Whiting jack is a machined buttress thread.
• The buttress thread has an inherent self-locking feature, making them ideal for lifting equipment applications.
• No other manufacturer of jacks uses buttress threads.
• Other manufacturers differ in having their load screws in tension. Our in-compression design eliminates the possible breakage in shear when the jacks are under load.
• Whiting’s jacks are self-locking in case of power failure.
• Whiting’s “hoist duty” jack motors are all designed and tested to be synchronized as matched sets, ensuring that all jack screws are turning at the same speed. This eliminates the need for expensive equipment to continuously monitor any variation in turning speed and lifting height variations.
• All electrical components are UL/CSA approved.